Scott Valley Unified School District-Health and Wellness
Health and Wellness

Wellness Policy

Wellness Plan

Immunizations Needed
To protect the health of all students and staff and to curtail the spread of infectious diseases, the Governing Board shall cooperate with state and local public health agencies to encourage and facilitate immunization of all district students against preventable diseases. Each student enrolling for the first time in a district elementary or secondary school, preschool, or child care and developmental program shall present an immunization record from any authorized private or public health care provider certifying that he/she has received all required immunization in accordance with law. Students shall be excluded from school or exempted from immunization requirements only as allowed by law. Each transfer student shall be requested to present his/her immunization record upon registration. 
  • Parents or guardian must provide the dates (month, day, and year) of each immunization were received.
  • A physician's signature, including month and year of occurrence, is necessary to document the disease of measles, mumps, or rubella in lieu of immunization. If this is not possible, immunization is required.
  • Your child must have all of the required immunizations or be in the process of getting the required immunizations with no doses due in order to be enrolled in any public or private school in California. If your child is in the process of completing an immunization series and not currently due for the next dose, the school may admit your child but is required to monitor your child’s progress and ask for immunization records when the next shot is due.  If you fail to get the immunizations when due, the school is required to exclude your child until the required immunization is given and proof is provided to the school. 
  • Students not meeting standards and not claiming exemptions must initiate a schedule of immunization within 10 working days of school entrance or be excluded from school by authorization of the health department.
Additional health & welfare information, including clinic schedules, & financial assistance is available on the Siskiyou County’s Public Health website 
Preventing the Spread of Viral Illnesses
Difference Between a Cold and the Flu
Keeping Your Children Healthy and Safe
Bee and Wasp Stings
Health Information for Parents and When should I send my Child to School

If you have questions regarding the site, please contact the webmaster. Terms of Use | Built using Project A's Site-in-a-Box ©2023 Version 5.12.7